The Society of Polish Otorhinolaryngologists, Phoniatrists and Audiologists is a new society of Polish otorhinolaryngologists, phoniatrists and audiologists who deal with different aspects of otorhinolaryngology and the related fields. Activities undertaken by the Society are devoted to the following fields of professional and scientific practice: otolaryngology (including paediatric otolaryngology), audiology, phoniatry, logopaedics, surdopedagogy, special education, rehabilitation, telemedicine and the related fields.
It is also noteworthy that the Society takes part in organising many prestigious congresses, both Poland-wide and worldwide, such as, the 2nd Scientific Conference “Guidelines for otorhinolaryngology, audiology and phoniatry” (Wytyczne w otorynolaryngologii, audiologii i foniatrii), XII International Tinnitus Seminar, 1st World Tinnitus Congress, and the XXV International Evoked Response Audiometry Study Group Biennial Symposium. Furthermore, the Society expends its efforts to organise three significant congresses: The 4th International Symposium on Otosclerosis and Stapes Surgery (06-07 April 2018, Cracow, Poland), the 32nd Politzer Society Meeting with 2nd World Congress of Otology (12-15 June 2019, Warsaw, Poland), and XXXV World Congress of Audiology (2020, Warsaw, Poland).
The primary objectives pursued by the Society are:
- To affiliate individuals, whose activities and subject areas are dedicated to the development of the fields of interest to the Society.
- To spread knowledge about the scientific advancement across these fields and promoting public awareness of them, especially in the circles of medical students, doctors, medical personnel and medical technicians.
- To encourage the Society members to carry out scientific work, and to participate in the professional training of doctors in the fields of interest to the Society.
- To cooperate with central and regional public administration bodies, professional self-governments and associations in order to provide the adequate standard of clinical management and treatment in otolaryngology (including paediatric otolaryngology), audiology, phoniatry, logopaedics, surdopedagogy, special education, rehabilitation, telemedicine and the related fields.
- To organise and support research and scientific works dedicated to the fields of interest to the Society, as well as to cooperate with other institutions and associations in these areas.
- To pursue and support various forms of training and education-related activities for the benefit of representatives of medical or medicine-related circles to broaden their knowledge and practical skills in the abovementioned fields, including the granting of a patronages.